YCIS Beijing provides an all-rounded education that shapes students into balanced and responsible citizens of the global community. YCIS Beijing students excel in academics, from maths and science to language, history, and geography. Arts and music also play a vital role at YCIS Beijing, as do sports, leadership, and community service. This all helps build an impressive and diverse student body that is well prepared for the future.
Top in Academics
YCIS Beijing students are known for their excellence in academics, including stellar examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a holistic approach to education, is one of the main reasons why YCIS Beijing graduates continue to be accepted into top-ranked universities around the world.
YCIS is the only international school in China to receive the Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education by Cambridge International Examinations.
YCIS Beijing is accredited by CIS and NCCT.
YCIS Beijing students maintain a 100% IGCSE and IBDP pass rate.
World Class International Baccalaureate Results
For the 11th year in a row, YCIS Beijing is celebrating a 100% pass rate for its IBDP results.
IB 2018 Results
- Two students achieved an extraordinary 43 out of 45 points
- The average combined score of the class of 2018 was 35.8 – sailing well beyond the global average of 29.78
- Every single student beat the global average score
- More than half of students took the bilingual diploma – testament to the strength of our Chinese/English bilingual programme which begins in ECE.
IB 2017 Results
- The average combined score of the class of 2017 was 36.17
- Nine students scored 40 points or above, with the highest score being 43 out of 45
- 36% of students took the bilingual diploma
IB 2016 Results
- One student achieved a nearly perfect score of 44 out of 45 points
- The average combined score of the class of 2016 was 34.94
- More than 40% of students took the bilingual diploma
Champions in Sports
The all-rounded education at YCIS Beijing goes beyond the classroom to include after-school sports and Co-Curricular Programmes.
Athletic events and team building play a critical role in the development of globally competitive citizens who are prepared to meet and solve the challenges of the future.
YCIS Beijing is an active member of the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS) and the International Schools Athletic Conference (ISAC). Our students achieve individual and team sports awards in their leagues every year.
Giving Back to the Community
YCIS students have many opportunities to interact with and support not only the local community but organisations worldwide. Through “Align with Love and Charity”, a key piece of our school motto, YCIS students continue to develop individual character traits as they actively support the greater community.
CAS, or Creativity, Activity, Service, is a major piece of our IBDP programme. Secondary students are required to engage in volunteer and charity projects outside school so that they not only develop essential “soft skills” but also understand the importance of volunteer work.